Over 31 Years of Experience in Real Estate Law
If you are buying, selling or developing real estate in Texas, or providing financing for the purchase or development of real property, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. You want an attorney who understands the impact of Texas water laws and who knows how to work within land use and zoning constraints. You want a lawyer who has experience in structuring subdivisions and drafting restrictive covenants, declarations and other governing documents for condominium and other property developments. In addition, you want a lawyer with experience in forming property owner associations and resolving issues involving rights of way, boundary disputes and easements.
Real Estate Law Certifications From the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
At Kantack Alcantara Law Office, P.C., in South Padre Island, we bring over 31 years of experience to real estate matters on behalf of clients in Cameron County, Hidalgo County, the Rio Grande Valley and throughout South Texas. Our law practice is led by seasoned attorney Ramona Kantack Alcantara, who enjoys certification from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in residential and commercial real estate law.
Our law firm consists of attorneys and staff who work as a team to provide efficient and effective services to clients in a wide range of legal matters relating to real estate and financing. We have built our successful practice on a commitment to accessibility and personal service. Contact our office to set up a confidential meeting to discuss your legal concerns.
Our Real Estate Practice
We work with buyers, sellers and developers of residential and commercial real estate, handling all matters from the negotiation of terms and the preparation of contracts and other documents to closing.
- We handle all aspects of residential and commercial real estate transactions, including the purchase or sale of water rights.
- We prepare and file all the documents required to establish real estate development entities in compliance with Texas business laws.
- We act as financing counsel for borrowers, lenders, buyers, sellers and developers.
- We negotiate, prepare and review construction documents, mechanic's lien affidavits and notices related to filing and claiming mechanic's liens.
- We assist clients in complying with land use and other real property regulations, including zoning ordinances. We will also act as your advocate in any hearings with government officials.
- We help clients resolve real estate title disputes, construction defect claims and issues involving mechanic's liens.
- We handle controversies involving rights of way, boundaries, easements and claims for adverse possession.
- We represent homeowner, condominium and other property owner associations. We collect delinquent assessments, draft and review bylaws and other governing documents, provide advice regarding the proper conduct of board meetings, and help property owner associations manage their liabilities as directors, officers and managing agents of their organizations.
Our Financing and Lending Practice
Though we do not act as regulatory counsel for banks and other lending institutions, our South Padre Island real estate financing lawyers provide counsel regarding the different types of transactions in which they are regularly involved. We have advanced experience drafting and reviewing agreements for many types of financing arrangements, both for real estate and other types of property transfers.
- We represent clients who want to commence foreclosure proceedings, whether they are lenders, property owner associations, homeowner associations, condominium associations or other lien creditors.
- We are frequently called upon to act as the trustee on deeds of trust and mortgages, and in both nonjudicial and judicial foreclosure actions.
- We have extensive experience helping financial institutions and other lenders with the comprehensive real estate forms in Texas.
Contact Our Brownsville and Rio Grande Valley Lawyers
For a confidential consultation, contact our South Texas law firm online or call us toll-free at 866-306-6122. Our office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and evenings and weekends by special appointment. We charge reasonable and competitive fees and will travel to meet with you, if necessary.