If you are interested in starting a new business, you probably have questions about the best choice of business entity for you. After all, you have a lot invested in your new business, and you want to see it grow.
So do we. The Brown Law Firm, with Ramona Kantack Alcántara Of Counsel, is based in South Padre Island, Texas. We have been helping small-business startups for decades, guiding our clients through the many important business decisions they will make. We want to see you succeed, because we want to be your trusted legal partners throughout the life of your business.
Developing Cost-effective and Innovative Strategies
We understand that you need to watch your bottom line. That is why we work with our clients to provide smart, timely resolution of legal issues relating to your business and potential legal problems. That leaves you free to concentrate on growing your business. For decades, our attorneys have counseled businesses with formation and operation of the following entities:
- General and limited partnerships: In a general partnership, all partners have full rights of management, including profits and liability for debts. In a limited partnership, only one partner needs to be a full general partner, while limited partners have reduced liability.
- Limited liability partnerships (LLPs): In an LLP, all partners have limited liability.
- Limited liability companies (LLCs): Less formal than a traditional corporation, offering members limited liability, with the option to be taxed as a partnership or a corporation.
- Professional associations (PAs): A business entity created for certain professional businesses.
- Professional limited liability companies (PLLC): A business entity used by doctors, lawyers, engineers, architects and other professionals, which combines the structure of a corporation with the limited liability of an LLC.
- Joint ventures (JVs): Two companies contribute equity, expertise and money for expenses, while sharing in the profit of the project.
We also help with business planning issues such as business succession planning relating to estate planning and asset protection to reduce potential liability. We advise and assist you with the protection of your trade name and trademark rights.
Schedule an Appointment With a Knowledgeable Attorney
We invite you to schedule a confidential consultation in our South Padre Island, Texas, law offices by calling 956-761-8000 or contacting us online. Our office is open from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and evenings or weekends by appointment. You will find our fees competitive and reasonable. If you need to have a business formation lawyer travel to your office to meet with you, please let us know.