Joel L. Barber is an attorney with the Brown Law Firm. Joel is committed to earnest, ethical, economical advocacy in the protection and advancement of his client's rights, claims and objectives. Joel strives to maintain the principles set forth in The Texas Lawyer's Creed in his practice and invites his clients and other members of the legal profession to read, ponder and act on those principles.
Joel is a civil litigator with nineteen years of experience representing parties in claims involving personal injury, premise liability, construction defects, commercial real estate, and subrogation. Prior to joining the Brown Law Firm, Joel was a litigator for two national insurance companies, defending their insured or the companies themselves in civil litigation in Texas and other states. He has litigated multiple cases to verdict in state court.
In addition to courtroom litigation, Joel has significant experience in the use of both mediation and arbitration to resolve his clients' claims favorably. His knowledge of Texas state law and experience from other legal jurisdictions, along with thorough preparation in each case, allows for negotiation from a position of strength in advancing his clients' best interests.
J. Reuben Clark Law School (BYU), 1999
- Member and Regional Finalist in the Trial Advocacy National Team
- Editor for the BYU Journal of Public Law
- Charter Director for the JRC Law & Economics Society
Brigham Young University, 1996
- Major: Economics
- Minor: International Relations
- Progressive Insurance (San Antonio, Texas)
- The Marks Law Group, LLP (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Helm & Associates (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Law Offices of P. Sterling Kerr (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Texas, 2015
- Nevada, 2001 (currently inactive)
- Utah, 2000 (currently inactive)